I’ve lived. I’ve loved (albeit mostly unrequited, but, oh, it was still love). And I have A LOT of stories I could tell about it all, obviously. I’ve experienced my fair share of realizations over the years. Let’s just say I’m a walking, talking encyclopedia of sorts. Seriously. All these little gems are stored in my brain like computer memory on a hard drive.
And out of all those stories, I’ve gleaned some precious golden nuggets of truth. Some life hacks, as the hip kids are saying these days.
Don’t believe me? Check out these 15 Things I Know To Be True About Life and Love…
1. The darkest hour is just before dawn — and when you tweet or text after midnight.
2. Love is a many splendor thing, especially when you love yourself the most.
3. If you get lost, look for a sign. Chances are, you’ll find an even better path — or an IHOP.
4. In life, throw out your eraser and wear your flaws and faults proudly. They’re a testament to how far you’ve come.
5. An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Unless said doctor is Dr. Owen Hunt. In that case, send him my way — I just came down with a high fever!
6. When in doubt, take a nap.
7. Guys are like ice cream: Incredibly sweet in small doses, but too much and they’ll give you a brain freeze.
8. All’s fair in love and the Netflix queue.
9. Over-thinking never really solved anything. It just eventually gives you a whole bunch of new problems you didn’t even know you had in the first place.
10. There are absolutely NO store loyalties when it comes to a good bargain.
11. If people make fun of your favorite TV shows, chances are they’re just jealous because you’re at one with your guilty pleasures.
12. Your family knows you better than you will ever admit, even though you secretly like that they have your back.
13. If your first crush seems like such a mistake now, just think of it this way: You could be married to that mistake by now.
14. If something looks too good to be true, it’s probably because you forgot to take off your rose-colored glasses. See #13.
15. Be brave. Be you. And don’t read the comments.
Well, friends, consider yourself enlightened tonight! What life and love lessons have you learned over the years? Let’s have a gab fest in the comments, shall we? xoxo
[Photos via We Heart It]