To kick off Fall Favorites Week 2014 in style (pun intended…), I’ve got a question for you, friends: How would YOU define your individual style?
Style. It’s such an individual thing, isn’t it? At its core, it’s the perfect expression of who you are and can say so much about your own personality without you having to say a single word. Maybe you’ve got a favorite pink sweater or a rocking pair of tennis shoes that reminds you of your childlike nature. Fashion, to a certain extent, follows the same logic as food: We are what we wear.
To that end, here are the five keywords that describe my style…
1. Cozy: Like sipping hot chocolate in front of the fire. Like that feeling of being home. Like talking to your best friend for hours. Like popping a cold can of root beer.
Example: Heart sweater, $24.99
2. Pop: You want to stand out, but just the right amount. Like being a dusty blonde in a sea of straight blondes. Like being the most talented of all the backup singers.
Example: Baby Lips Electro in Pink Shock, $2.90
3. Delicate: Like a dew-drop morning in the early days of spring. Like a baby bird who is learning to take flight. Like Prince Charming’s kiss on the fair Snow White’s lips.
Example: Gold leaf ring, $30
4. Old-fashioned: Like sometimes getting the feeling that you were born in the wrong decade (I swear I should have been born in the ’50s). Like falling for that old-world gentleman who brings you roses and holds the door for you on the first date.
Example: Ban.do heart headband, $25
5. Fun: Like enjoying the simple things in life. Like remembering what it’s like to be a kid. Like not letting life bring you down or make you jaded.
Example: Neon pearl wrap bracelet, $50
Your turn, friends: What five words perfectly capture your sense of style? Have these words changed over the years? Stayed the same? And, what’s your fave part of your style? I’d love to hear! xoxo
[Top photo by The Sartorialist]