A few weeks ago, I talked about the must-haves for the perfect road trip (hello, Beach Boys!), but since the summer is half over, I thought we could all use a little staycation. You know, that perfect vacation that’s not a vacation in the traditional sense — the kind where you kick back and relax without leaving the city limits (or your property, as is usually the case with me!). And just like those road trips, there are a few quintessential things that take any old staycation from drab to fab! Here are my Top Fives Essentials of the Perfect Staycation…
1. Constant stream of Netflix: Because if you run out of TV shows to binge watch, you just might go crazy. And that will ruin anyone’s staycation.
2. Your favorite magazines or that novel you’ve had on your night stand for six months: I always have a stack of my favorite glossies at the ready; I say that you can never be too prepared. The same is true for books. Keep a running stack (or a list…) on hand so you’re not left empty handed and wondering, “What in the heck should I read?”
3. A bottle of your favorite nail polish: What’s better than an afternoon of pampering? I picked up Sally Hansen’s Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear in Red Carpet and have been dying to finally use it!
4. Outdoor sun and relaxing: Who needs the beach when you can lounge in the backyard and soak up the sun? My mom and I have been known to play Yahtzee on our patio and enjoy a lazy summer afternoon. Bonus points if you have an actual hammock in your backyard! Because hammock make you an instant rock star!
5. An ice-cold root beer: Because you’re going to need something to keep you cool while you’re lounging. And nothing says cool — both literally and figuratively — quite like root beer! Again, your rock star status just grew exponentially! You’re welcome!
Have you taken a staycation this summer, friends? What items were on your must-have list? Have I forgotten anything? What’s your favorite part of the whole staycation experience? Why is it so appealing to you? xoxo