I am so excited and honored to be guest posting for Jillian from Cornflake Dreams this week! And even better, we’re talking one of my absolute favorite topics…
Summer road trips!
Growing up in Illinois, my family mastered the art of the classic road trip. My grandparents lived in Alabama, so every summer, we’d make the 1,000-mile journey — in the car! Those memories are some of my favorites from my childhood. Even now, years later, I can’t help but smile every time I think of those key ingredients that made all the road trips extra special. Maybe you’ll be taking to the road this summer, so in an effort to make your ride magical, here are Five Essentials of the Perfect Road Trip…
1. A beach read for the car: I’ve always been a fan of some classic Nicholas Sparks on vacations — something light and fun. Of course, another good choice is The Fault In Our Stars (aka, the book that is breaking hearts all over the world…).
2. Some good tunes: Two words…Beach Boys. Nothing says summer quite like surf tunes. Really, any music from the ’50s and ’60s makes cruising down the highway fun and breezy.
3. Delicious snacks: Full disclosure — I’m a big fan of gas station junk food. What’s better than an ice-cold fountain drink and peppermint patties? Nothing!
4. Journal: Before the wonders of blogging came along, I chronicled my life the old-fashioned way by putting pen to paper. I know, it seems so archaic now, but there’s something to be said for being able to flip through those memories years later and smile — or cringe! This journal is the perfect size!
5. Beauty bag: I’ve only recently been bit by the beauty bug, and needless to say, I’m pretty obsessed. At the top of my list? Maybelline’s Baby Lips for smooth lips with that perfect hint of color and shine!
Are you taking any road trips this summer? What’s on your must-pack list? Thanks again, Jillian, for inviting me to be a part of your beautiful blog! And as always, feel free to connect with me on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and now YouTube! See you there, friends! xoxo
P.S. More fun summer topics and look for my picks for the ultimate staycation next week! 🙂