So that’s me, above, on my birthday a few years ago. As I’m sure you know by now, I’ve always had a deep love for my special day. It’s a grand event, a day to do all my favorite things. Last year, we enjoyed lunch at Applebee’s and then browsed the aisles of Target.
My mom and sister have been pestering me for the last week or so with the same question: “What do you want for your birthday?” And, as hard as it is to believe, I’ve been rendered speechless. Every single time. The truth was, I had no idea what I wanted for my birthday, let alone what I wanted to do. So many possibilities. So many fun options.
But! I’ve thought about it (since thinking is one of the things I do best…), and thought it would be fun to share my birthday wish list. Here are my six picks (Mom and Janelle, are you reading this?)…
1. A gift card to my favorite store: I hopped on the gift card train a loooong time ago. You can’t go wrong with this gift. I haven’t fallen down the eBay hole for awhile, so I figure I’m due for a good shopping binge.
2. A magazine subscription: Yes, I know this gift would fly in the face of The Great Clean of 2013, but there’s nothing like curling up with a good magazine and savoring the last relaxing days of summer. My pick? Glamour, of course!
3. My favorite TV show on DVD: Last summer, it was 7th Heaven, and this summer, we’ve been watching old episode of the ’80s classic Mr. Belvedere (did you used to watch this show?). I love taking a little stroll down memory lane!
4. A collection of my favorite candy: I take my candy choices very seriously. I’ve been really into sour Skittles and Sour Patch Kids this summer. It’s even become my go-to movie snack.
5. Day planner: I’m all for practical gifts, and for the last couple years, it’s become tradition that my mom give me a day planner for the coming year as a birthday gift. She always picks a bright color, and throughout the year, I think of her every time I use it. Smart idea, Mom! I love this chevron one!
6. Puzzle book: I used to do these all the time — a great way to keep your mind sharp. And, surprisingly calming!
Anyone have a birthday in August? Happy birthday to all the August babies! What’s on your wish list? xoxo