Today marks 8 years since my father’s death. I couldn’t let the day pass without doing a post about him. I find myself reflecting differently this year. My family is really trying to make it a day of honoring him instead of wallowing in our grief. I thought I’d share my top 10 favorite things about my dad:
1. He loved his family more than anything.
2. He was funny and loved to laugh.
3. He was generous and caring.
4. He could talk for hours about anything and everything.
5. He was so proud when he got his bachelors degree at age 50.
6. He didn’t care what other people thought and marched to the beat of his own drum
7. He loved his job at the university.
8. He loved the summer and loved taking us to the park. He had as much fun as we did.
9. He loved volunteering.
10. He loved to eat, especially meat and dessert. That must be where I get my love of food.
I miss you, dad, and know that I think about you every day. xoxo