TO: Men all over the planet
RE: 21 Questions
DATE: March 23, 2010
Oh, boys, love is a silly thing, isn’t it? I will be the first to admit that I could really use some Cliff’s Notes when it comes to dating and relationships. Call me crazy, but I’ve always had this fantasy of gathering a bunch of you (a random sample representative of the general population, of course… in a room some day. No, not to have you see me jump out of a giant cake, though wouldn’t that actually be sort of hilarious? No, you all know I’m not talking about the two Big O’s – obscene or objectionable. But honestly, I would love to just talk with you, delve into your minds and get your take on all these confusing questions that seem to constantly swirl in my head. I would hope that if I did have the chance to speak with you lovely men that you wouldn’t think my questions were completely daft. A girl’s got to start somewhere, right?
With that in mind, I’ve compiled a list of 20 questions for you, boys. I figure your answers can only help me here, so I’d love to hear from you – either below, or feel free to email mellow1422 [at] aol [dot] com. Maybe I’ll even post some of your thoughts.
OK. Here. We. Go.
1. Are you really a gentleman, or do you just say that because you think it’s what we want to hear?
2. Situation: You and a girl randomly chat for some time…how long should she wait before asking you out if she feels a connection?
3. What’s with your sarcasm? Is it your default flirt mode or something?
4. What’s more important: a good career or a good relationship?
5. Will your mother always come first?
6. What’s with the one-word texts and emails?
7. Why do you suddenly just disappear off the face of the Earth?
8. Does saying, “I love you” really scare you? What about commitment?
9. Would you honestly marry your video games if you could?
10. Why do you cheat and leave such a sloppy trail of evidence behind you?
11. Why don’t you hear what we say the first time? Why does “I’m listening” really mean you’re not?
12. Is being a virgin really a deal-breaker for you?
13. How do you really feel right before you meet our parents?
14. How do you know you’re in love?
15. What do you really think of assertive, take-charge women?
16. Do you really mentally undress women with your eyes? Are you mentally undressing me right now?
17. When was the last time you wore your heart on your sleeve?
18. Can you please explain the older woman obsession some guys have? Is it really a Freudian thing?
19. Are you really over your ex?
20. How would you really feel if a girl wrote a song about you?
21. What’s one question you’d like to ask me?
I wish I knew what I was doing. I don’t, really. I’m still learning and growing and at least trying to take little baby step, albeit very teeny, tiny baby steps. For one thing, I’ve noticed I’ve been smiling a lot more…does that count for something. It does, right? Well, it certainly should.
Ask and ye shall receive, right, boys? xoxo
[Photos via Audrey Hepburn Complex]